Type Here to Get Search Results !

An assistant commander's week here in assessment. A motivational real-life story

  An assistant commander's week here in assessment.  A motivational real-life story

motivational articles
Writer: Maryam Kaleem 

The week commences with enthusiasm, moves through a diversity of pursuits, and comes to a finish with a rejuvenating weekend and possibly a little duty officer work.



A typical day in the life of the deputy commander of a department the size of a metropolis is nothing like I thought it would be 30 years ago when I was something much more youthful firefighter. The days of simply unwinding at work are long gone. Ever. Even the uncommon "vacation routine" we used to have at the firehouse and the "boss is off" mode of thinking are extraordinarily rare.

It's complicated to describe how hectic it genuinely is because every day is unique, and I'll just try. The following is a brief account of one typical "week in the life" for me when I'm assistant fire chief of Services And support for my institution, the Metropolitan Fire Rescue Department.


Feeling Stimulated IN THE Early hours



Many Entrepreneurs and senior managers start their days long prior to actually early morning, according to an article I came across many years ago. I'd like to think I'm an exception to this rule, but I'm not. Sincerely, I can't remember when the last time I set an alarm to get up.

My day typically starts between four and four-thirty. I define a late start as anything after 5:15 a.m. Surprisingly, I've never developed a taste for coffee and feel generally refreshed and at my sharpest when I wake up.

Capture DAYS Seem to be MONDAYS

motivational articles

There is sometimes a lot of scheduled or continuing meetings on Mondays. This day is perceived as a "catch-up day" and presents a possibility to set the tone for the forthcoming week.

When it comes to the Monday morning blues, many professionals cry. In fact, I look forward to and relish Mondays. Find something enjoyable to do and pass it on to others as work, someone once advised. So I always say, "Let's get to work!" on Mondays. Note: By employing a recharging weekend, I was able to immediately affect this energized mentality.



This Monday's itinerary of my meetings wasn't that bad. I held my weekly Customer Support Management Team meeting while also attending our monthly Assistant Chiefs Meetings and taking copious notes to share with my team.

I make an effort to leave my colleagues with a "leadership nugget" at the conclusion of each meeting. These pearls commonly come from an item that has been seen, read, heard, or discussed in a conversation.

MOTIVATIONAL ARTICLE

I edited a new procedure for daily operations shortly well after the meeting while buffing a functioning fire somewhat on the radio (SOP).

I spent the rest of the day gathering the necessary paperwork for experienced industry re-designations and getting ready for performance evaluations.

TUESDAYS: DAYS OF OVERFLOW



My extra work days are Tuesdays. I used these days to schedule meetings that could not be done the week before or on Mondays due to crowds.

Tuesdays will likely be long days, filled with premature phone calls or other activities seen by the fire department, like evening recruit graduation ceremonies and planning commission meetings. In today's pop-up meeting, we worked together with a nearby university to create a new and improved recruiting video. Why not contact a top-tier university's media and entertainment director if we need a top-notch video to advertise our profession? The potential final product excites both groups.

Wednesdays feature "ANYTHING IS Conceivable" station visits.



Although Wednesdays are generally calm, they always seem to be occupied by demands for external meetings from these other organizations, ministries, vendors, education, etc.

I make an effort to visit stations, have lunch with such a coworker, or meet our newest recruits in the training academy on Wednesdays. Popup meetings could happen on this day, but none did on this specific Wednesday.

motivational articles

THURSDAYS: INTRODUCING NEW MEMBERS        

The ministry, which currently has about 900 personnel, is working hard to train further new personnel, which makes Thursdays incredibly hectic.

motivational articles

Fridays are perfect for winding down.



Fridays are supposed to be a day of relaxation, but this week's Friday was everything but tranquil as we were forced to meet yet another deadline for some required online HR training.

My group includes a lot of newcomers. This caused a minor issue because their workplace's new facility doesn't yet have building-wide internet access. Everyone's training was successfully finished before the deadline thanks to the excellent work of my chief of training and other managers.

RESTING AND RECHARGING ON THE WEEKEND

MTIVATIONAL ARTICLE

WITH SOME WORK,  



To Saturday got off to a great start as the newly certified recruits for car seats demonstrated their abilities during a successful event. positive attitudes engaged in enjoyable activities while calling them jobs.

Overall, Sunday was quite quiet. There were a few active fires, but nothing particularly dangerous.

As the executive officer on duty today, it was my obligation to represent the department to the highest degree in the event that there were any significant occurrences or organizational needs. The duty officer position will attend the funerals of retired members, staff the Joint Operations Center (JOC) as required, deal with the media alongside the public information officer (PIO), travel to hospitals when members are hurt during incidents, and make phone calls to the fire chief as necessary to inform him or her of problems. To keep the executive chiefs informed of the daily events, each duty officer compiles a report of the day's activities.

It's time to refuel so you're ready for Monday. Let's proceed

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.